Monday, November 12, 2007

I AIN'T THE NANNY


So...what can I say besides the fact that my wee one is a bit more "au lait" than "cafe." This leads me into and out of all sorts of funny, sad, trying and downright BANANAS situations.

Case in point - en route to the gym last week, I crossed a street. Passing in front of a white van driven by a salt and pepper haired white man of say, 50 years of age who was accompanied by a black man of say 35 years of age, a scenario commenced.

I was ogled from head to toe - like I was a steak and they were the last carnivores. Fine - I mean I am used to such elementary forms of appreciation by the male population, being bodascious as I am.

White man sticks his head out of the window. He smiles and says with his face aglow like a pumpkin on Halloween: "I want a baby sitter like you!" Black man smiles and nods - grinning like the cat who ate the proverbial canary.

Me - I winked. Cause, they meant no harm. How were they to know that lil' au lait was my son, not my charge?

Oh...mama ain't never said there'd be days like this!

1 comment:

ill Mami said...

Kian is such a spitting image of Ben, it's insane!